[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.1.10 dev version released

Art Tevs stud_info2 at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 13 06:30:31 PDT 2007

Hi

I would suggest to include a big set of Shader Model
4.0 features into the coming osg 2.2 Release. Here the
list of Sh4.0 extensions and how much is the progress
in the current osg (dev 2.1.10) is:
EXT_bindable_uniform
EXT_draw_buffers2
EXT_draw_instanced
EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
EXT_geometry_shader4
EXT_gpu_shader4 (some features are already
implemented)
EXT_packed_float
EXT_texture_array (Texture2DArray already implemented)
EXT_texture_buffer_object
EXT_texture_compression_latc
EXT_texture_compression_rgtc
EXT_texture_integer (completely implemented)
EXT_texture_shared_exponent

Most of these extensions are very simple to implement
and just need proper testing. Thus, if somebody is
interested in the new features of the outcoming osg
2.2, I would suggest to start working on implementing
this new extensions, since I am pretty sure that they
will get ARB or even main core extensions later.

Art

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/DeveloperReleases

http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.1.10