[osg-users] How to render depth texture

Mihai Radu radu at cm-labs.com
Wed Sep 12 14:45:54 PDT 2007

Hi Marcus,

If you use shaders, you can render the depth texture to a quad using
texture access function in place of shadow2D().

The trouble is that the values are not suitable for rendering, if you
looks through the archives, someone posted how to map the values to some
useful gray scale ( all I remember of it is subtracting 128 from the
color value from the texture op. ).

I hope this will set you on the right path, and if you manage to do it,
please post the solution.

Cheers
Mihai