Mike Logan mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 12 11:52:04 PDT 2007

cool... this works great.
thanks!

ml

On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:23 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On 9/12/07, Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We really need to get this added into the Cmake build, at least as an
>> option.  I don't if it would be possible to autodetect given the
>> specific version of RedHat and some other Linux variants that have
>> this issue.
>
> I have now added this to OpenThreads Cmake build.  First up do a svn
> update on the OSG (this will bring in the updates to OpenThreads),
> then run ccmake . in the root OpenSceneGraph directory, then scroll
> down till you see the parameter
>
>   TWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity OFF
>
> Toggle this to ON, then press 'c' to configure and 'g' to generate the
> build system.
>
> This option is only relevant to Linux so should only appear on linux
> systems.  The vast majority should be just fine with
> TWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity OFF, but those who have older RedHat (and
> similar) Linux variants may required this.
>
> You can also pass this setting in via
>
>   cmake -DTWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
>
> The release option above is just required for making sure you build
> with optimization on, and is not related to setaffinity.
>
> Robert.
>

> Robert.
> openscenegraph.org

Michael Logan
Perot Systems Govt. Services / NASA Ames Res. Ctr.
Task Lead / Visual Cueing & Simulation
Visualization Engineer / Adaptive Control Technologies
MS 269-1, Moffett Field, CA, 94035  (650)-604-4494

"If you want to start a revolution, don't pick up a gun.
  Do it with science and technology."  - Stanford R. Ovshinsky