Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Tue Sep 11 13:52:15 PDT 2007

Hello Art,

Yes, I was watching the discussion about log2 on osg-submissions. My
concern is more about fixing building issues than code improvement, so
whichever way you decide is best works for me.

> Just wait couple of days or make your proposition of how to fix the
> problem (see osg-submission and osg-users list for more details
> about log2 issue).

Well, in the mean time I sent about an hour ago modified versions of
the Texture*.cpp files that cast the result of log2 to a float before
taking the floor of it. If you don't do that, you get compile errors
on Visual C++ as I said. And if log2(int) is ever removed, there will
be another problem because maximum(int, int) returns an int, so then
VC++ will give an ambiguous call for log2 (float or double). But we'll
see to that when it happens.

Thanks,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca