[osg-users] Linux ATI driver improvements!

Donald Tidrow donald.r.tidrow at saic.com
Fri Sep 7 12:11:55 PDT 2007

Indeed, given ATI's past track record on 'supporting' Linux, I'd wait at
least three months and see where the dust settles before even
contemplating buying an ATI card for my Linux systems.  Even then, the
ATI card would either have to be much cheaper or have some new whiz-bang
absolutely-must-have feature before I switched away from nVidia - nVidia
has provided excellent support for their hardware under Linux, so they'd
have to royally screw up before I'd switch.

That said, if these drivers really are as good as everybody is hoping,
it'll make buying a laptop a lot easier, given how prevalent ATI is in
the laptop market.

Don

Jan Ciger wrote:

			- Benjamin Franklin

|  Don Tidrow                            |
|  Visualization Software Engineer       |
|  SAIC                                  |
|  ph: 703-253-1094                      |