[osg-users] South pole wtih VirtualPlanetBuilder

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:59:29 PDT 2007

Hi Christophe,

This is normal, and an example of texture aliasing due to the way that
poles are over sampled as the blue marble data with 42,000 pixels wide
collapsing on a single point.  VPB compensate a little for this issue,
but its not perfect as you can see.

I'm planning to try out a different approach to building the database
hierachy in the rev of VirtualPlanentBuilder as this should cope
better at the poles.

Robert.