[osg-users] osgText color

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:56:24 PDT 2007

HI Cedric,

osgText::Text has its own colour Vec4 for performance and easy of use
reason.  There are some types of usage when this can be inconvenient,
but for the most users it doesn't exactly what they need.   This isn't
something that is bug, its very much a designed feature.

Now for the small minority of users who won't to define the colour
separately this is of little comfort, but if you can still do it by
use osg::Material is you switch off the color mode in the Material so
glColor doesn't override the material settings.

Robert.