[osg-users] osg::Image::scaleImage in a windowless app

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 5 21:49:52 PDT 2007

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your suggestion... My point of view:

> Though, if you don't know Java that
> well I suppose you might break even with trying to figure out how to get
> OSG+OpenGL to do this for you versus learning the Java needed.

I have done some Java but not in a while. Other than this scaleImage()
thing, it took me all of a few hours to get my program working
perfectly using C++/OSG, and I suspect once I know how to create a
pbuffer, it will all be working in 15 minutes or less. So I don't
really see the point in spending a day or more refreshing my knowledge
of Java for this one project.

> [insert every other language with a built-in imaging API here]

OSG has a built-in imaging API... And it's my language of choice these
days. ;-)

Granted, it's limited, but it does what I need. If I need more, I'll
go write a perl script using ImageMagick which in retrospect would
probably have been quicker and more customizable anyways... Oh well.

All this to say I agree with the point you make, but now I suspect I'm
about 15 minutes away from my goal if I can just get a windowless
OpenGL context! :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/