[osg-users] ANN: Occlusion query and CAD model support

haithcoc at gdls.com haithcoc at gdls.com
Wed Sep 5 19:21:21 PDT 2007

Paul,
I would like to find out more on the CAD import.
Several years ago, we used polytrans, and still have an old license that
we seldomly use.  The version that we have is prior to to direct import
capability of PRO-E CAD data using the Granite One plugin.
Since that time, we have been using another tool for conversion - Deep
Exploration from Right Hemisphere.  It will directly convert PRO-E data
and we currently write out .flt (and other formats).  We then
manipulate/simplify the resultant .flt (much of this is done within Deep
Exploration), and then convert the .flt to .ive using osgconv.  Obviously,
this process could be streamlined if we could read CAD data directly into
OSG.  How does this work with the PolyTrans solution you mention below?
Are you simply providing Okino the ability to write .osg/.ive?

Thanks for any info.

Stephen Haithcock
General Dynamics Land Systems
38500 Mound Rd.
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
MZ 435-06-09
(586) 825-8573

"Paul Martz" <pmartz at skew-matrix.com>
Sent by: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
09/05/2007 05:36 PM
Please respond to
"Public OpenSceneGraph Users discussion list."
<osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org>

"'Public OpenSceneGraph Users discussion list.'"
<osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [osg-users] ANN: Occlusion query and CAD model support

I demoed a beta of the occlusion query work at the SIGGRAPH OSG BOF, so it
does (in fact) exist and is not vaporware :-). Funding for the project was
temporarily on hold but should be back online this fall. At that point, I
hope to make the final changes required to get the work included into the
core OSG distribution.

The support for CAD models is PolyTrans- (and therefore Windows-)
specific. I won't be contributing this to the core OSG distribution.
However, I intend to work with Okino Computer Graphics to ensure that the
code is freely distributed with their PolyTrans SDK. The details of this
haven't been worked out yet.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com