[osg-users] Particle Sorting

DC Fennell dchristopher at playnet.com
Wed Sep 5 15:43:47 PDT 2007

Hello,

What if you have several smoke grenades go off in one area, where the smoke of each intermingles with the smoke of the other?

When moving around, one smoke grenade takes priority (because the drawable is sorted back to front in the transparent bin). All particles in that drawable are drawn and overlay other smoke which may be intermingled from the other smoke grenades. I'm not sure if my example makes sense or not. I trust you on the bin number, but I would rather not have to create separate bins if possible. In a large battle scene, explosions, smoke grenades, etc. can get messy trying to determine priorities.

Having one particle system works, but it just seems like the wrong way to go about this.