[osg-users] ANN: Occlusion query and CAD model support

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Wed Sep 5 14:36:41 PDT 2007

I demoed a beta of the occlusion query work at the SIGGRAPH OSG BOF, so it
does (in fact) exist and is not vaporware :-). Funding for the project was
temporarily on hold but should be back online this fall. At that point, I
hope to make the final changes required to get the work included into the
core OSG distribution.

The support for CAD models is PolyTrans- (and therefore Windows-) specific.
I won't be contributing this to the core OSG distribution. However, I intend
to work with Okino Computer Graphics to ensure that the code is freely
distributed with their PolyTrans SDK. The details of this haven't been
worked out yet.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>