[osg-users] Eclipse and OSG

David Callu ledocc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:35:59 PDT 2007

Hi Felix,

now I am able to run the osg applications such as osgviewer, osgconv,
> osgarchive and osgversion.

Great.

My question is, if I am to create a program, do I do so under the same
> OpenSceneGraph directory or it has to be a different one. And

   Understand that Eclipse is just a front-end for your development
tool-chain (emacs, gcc, gdb).
   If your application could be launch in a console without eclipse, your
environment is well defined.
    I mean to say your 3rdparty library directory or everything need by your
program is accessible.
   Else you need to adjust your environment.

  It's the same thing for eclipse, but you can define specific Environment
variable
  for each application
  E# Menu -> Run -> Open Run Dialog ... -> choose your application ->
Envirnment Tab ->New

  To have completion in case you use different workspace.
  E# Menu -> Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Path and Symbols ->
Includes Tab
    add header directory of the library you need.

thereafter, what do I do.

 I am not sure to understand the question.
 Coding your project perhaps :-)

HTH

Cheers
David