[osg-users] Fwd: OGR plugin for OSG

Christoph Ehrler ehrler-soft at gmx.de
Wed Sep 5 03:19:11 PDT 2007

OK it's me again...

I started development on the plugin but ran into the following problem:
When OSG tries to use the generated osgdb_ogr.dll it fails to open it
(DynamicLibrary::failed loading...). When I rename another dll (e.g.
osgUtil.dll) OpenSceneGraph succeeds (opened DynamicLibrary...) but
can't find the plugin of course.

Thus the error is independent from what methods are inside the dll !?!

For generating the plugin dll I copied the "Plugins gdal" / "Plugins
shp" projects and renamed the output directories/files. All builds
fine with no error nor warning.
It doesn't work with the release dll neigther with the debug version
despite the correct dll is used depending if I try it with osgViewer
or osgViewerd...

Please help a frustrated developer that ran out of ideas :)

Thank you
Christoph