[osg-users] Eclipse and OSG

David Callu ledocc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:23:05 PDT 2007

Hi all,

#  = console command line
E# = action in Eclipse

I take for project example OSG.

1) - Prepare the build system
   Eclipse don't know how work CMake so we need to "prime the pump"

# svn checkout http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/trunkOpenSceneGraph
# cd OpenSceneGraph
# mkdir release && cd release
# cmake ..

you are now ready to only use eclipse. So launch Eclipse.

1) - Eclipse use

E# Menu -> File ->Switch workspace : choose the directory where
OpenSceneGraph directory is.
E# Menu -> File -> New -> Project -> General -> Project :
    give the same name to the project that the directory where is the code.
So OpenSceneGraph
    In the Project Explorer window, you have "OpenSceneGraph
[OpenSceneGraph/trunk]" but this not yet a C++ Project

E# Right click on this line -> New -> Convert to a C/C++ Make Project :
    Now this is a C/C++ project. Eclipse scan the project directory, index
the code, found binaries, ...

E# Menu -> Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build : change the build location
and select OpenSceneGraph/release
    for me this look like this : ${workspace_loc:/OpenSceneGraph/release}

E# Control + B : launch the build

E# Menu -> Project -> Properties -> Run/Debug Setting.
    Press the New button and select C/C++ Local Application.
    Set the Name (for example the name of the program)
    Set the C/C++ Application
    In the Environment Tab, define the OSG_LIBRARY_PATH
     if not already done in the Eclipse processus Environment
    Click the OK button

E# Run -> Open Run Dialog ...
    Choose your application and click the Run button.
    All work fine and you win.

Hope help someone.

Cheers
David Callu