[osg-users] osg's FadeText

Garrett Potts potts at cfl.rr.com
Tue Sep 4 08:00:15 PDT 2007

Hello All:

I was running some tests with the fade text and I found something
very interesting and was not sure if this is the desired behavior.  I
have a cluster of text where each is a FadeText.  There are about 200
labels.  I thought that the fade in and out was based on distance
from the text to view and each has it's ow fading based on this.
What appears is that only the closest text the is visible is ever
shown.  If others want to test just make a clust of text objects
close to each other and then spin around them.  The one that comes
closest fades in and all the others fade out.  Is this the desired
result of FadeText.  It would seem the desired result would be to
fade based on distance or within a bounding volume from the text
center????

Take care all and thank you in advance for any insight into this.

Take care

Garrett