[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.1.9 dev version released

Paul Melis paul at science.uva.nl
Tue Sep 4 00:11:00 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Robert Osfield wrote:

>Highlights:
>Lots of additions this week: Improved build configuration under Visual
>Studio with versioning of DLL's and dll's automatically placed in the
>bin directory - no longer do you need to set up paths or install to
>get apps running. New Inventor file writer. New depth peeling example.
>Finally lots of bug fixes, in particular related threading and
>application exit.

Can you detail the depth peeling example a bit more (the code doesn't
have any hints), e.g.
- what are the h.w. requirements for running it?
- is it supposed to be stable? (I get a segfault here)
- can you use any scene with transparency, or is there something special
to set up with renderbins, etc.?

Thanks,
Paul