[osg-users] OGR plugin for OSG

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:49:46 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Christoph Ehrler <ehrler-soft at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi @ all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is support for reading/writing vector data via
> the OGR library in OSG.

Christoph,

I am currently working on an open source project (called "osgGIS") that
facilitates dealing with GIS vector data in OSG. It uses OGR as one way to
read and query vectors and coordinate systems. It is a little different from
the OSG loader approach - it lets you build a custom filter chain in order
to "compile" the vector data against your terrain. If you would like to give
it a try please send me an email directly. It is still under development but
the basic functionality is there. -gw

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791