[osg-users] IntersectionVisitor and PagedLOD

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 03:17:26 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> IntersectionVisitor isn't cast in concrete so I'm open to suggestions.
> I don't really know the motivation as I don't know about your the
> particulars of your app.  I am a bit concerned about bloating
> IntersectionVisitor with lots of specific usage case tweaks though.  I
> don't know if it would be possible you to solve your problem another
> way.  Feel free to make changes to IntersectionVisitor and submit them
> for review - at least then I'd be able to mull over how intrusive the
> changes might be.

Actually I have overloaded PagedLOD to make some custom code into the
traverse, and particularly to handle intersection visitors a specific way
for my apps (by doing intersections only with some nodes and things like not
doing it every time...). So when converting my app to use the new
IntersectionVisitor I had some surpises :).

I think I am not the only one using a custom PagedLOD and having the
intersection visitor completely skipping it may be problematic. I will make
some change the less intrusive as I can and I will submit it. :)

Or if you have any suggestion on how to do my specific traverse code without
having to modify the IntersectionVisitor I would grantly appreciate.

--
Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org