[osg-users] Potential problem with PagedLOD and GeometryTechnique

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:32:41 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

We have been using some classes of osgTerrain combined
with PagedLOD. On Nvidia cards.. all works well but on
ATI cards we have found a a crash!.

We are using yesterday svn version. And María in a previous mail
reported a similar problem, and we have tried to reproduce it
using only C++.

The problem is when the DatabasePager tries to compile the
GeometryTechnique and passes through the traverse call.
The call to init(), inside the traverse, the one outside the Update
phase, is called. The problem remains in the geometry created inside
GeometryTechnique because it use the hint
setUseVertexBuffers(true), and I don't know really why, but
it makes a crash. On Nvidia cards and MacOSX there is no problem,
but on Windows and linux with ATI.. doesn't work at all. Changing
the hint to setUseDisplayLists(true), and disabling the use of
vertexBufferObjects works without problems.

Rafa.

--
Rafael Gaitán Linares
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es