[osg-users] Shadow Map addition and problem

Mihai Radu radu at cm-labs.com
Thu Sep 27 16:19:44 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

I posted earlier some updates to ShadowMap, and I have to apologize
about the inline attachments, they do make things difficult.

I have some more updates for the class, but when I implemented code for
spotlights, I get errors in computing the light direction from
ShadowMap::cull(), at least this is how it looks like from the way the
example behaves.
I think I am making some fairly simple error in either getting or
setting the light direction, but I seem to be blind to it, or more
likely I don't quite get the coordinate system used in the cull settings
used to access the Light.

The zip file contains updated files for ShadowMap and osgshadow example.

To see this behavior, the option "--spotLight" will set the light to a
spot-light.

I added 2 methods for debugging this, but they don't work as expected,
one creates a cone for the light (but in this example it does not update
like in the code I used when making it ), and another to create a HUD
for display of the shadow map texture (the texture coords are not set
yet in it, and the view needs to be added to the viewer ) so they are
not used.
I will get the HUD working as soon as possible, as it would be a nice
feature for all shadow map based implementations.

Thank you for your patience
Mihai Radu