[osg-users] texturing osgSim::SphereSegment

sylvain cormier sly at sat.qc.ca
Fri Sep 21 11:54:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

I would like some help for texturing a movie on a sphere segment.

I noticed by pressing "s" on the surface of a sphere segment I have
created , that there are 10 drawables, no vertices and no primitives.
Why is this?
After having applied a texture,
I can see something going on on the sphere segment because pressing
"s"(start) and "p"(pause) cause the sphere segment to flicker with
lines.
I can also toggle the texture on and off.

On the contrary, texturing a cylinder with:

geode->addDrawable(newosg::ShapeDrawable(newosg::Cylinder(osg::Vec3(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f),20,20)));

was easy and contained 1 drawable, 166 vertices and 120 primitives.

Not really knowing what to do, I tried removing some drawables with

geode->removeDrawables(1,9);

just to see.

I still was able to get a sphere segment which gave me 1 drawable while
pressing "s".
Why is this? are those other 9 drawables not important?

I do not know where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Sylvain