[osg-users] osgUtil::Simplifier explained

Matt Franklin mattfranklin1 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:27:12 PDT 2007

Could someone please explain what conditions are needed for the Simplifier
to do its job? When I use it on a range of models I can see that some
simplification happens on the curved surfaces but there always seems to be a
limit to how much simplification takes place. For example I have a model of
a bridge with a nice curved arch on the underside. When I simplify the model
some of the curved surface is simplified away. However, I can never simplify
it further, no matter what settings I use. I would niavely expect that the
arch could be simplified to a simple triangular shape but this never
happens.

Thanks in advance

Matt