[osg-users] How to completely clear OSG/OpenGL? Looking for OSG/OpenGL monitor

Raymond de Vries reedev at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 19 00:49:00 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am triggered by the discussion about releasing and flushing GL
Objects. In my application I am frequently loading and removing osg
nodes in the assumption that the associated OpenGL objects are deleted
too. Reading the discussion, and setting breakpoints in
releaseGLObjects, it seems indeed that these objects are not deleted.

I guess I need to clear the OpenGL objects myself. Isn't there an option
or so to do this automatically?

In the same context, I have another question. Is there functionality in
OSG to check the OpenGL resources? Before loading a model, e.g. from
file, I would like to have an indication whether or not this is possible
or not. Or else, when a model is loaded, how do I see if all the OpenGL
objects can be created without OpenGL going to swap previous resources?

thanks a lot!
Raymond