[osg-users] TextureRectangle PBO behavior

Andy Somerville andy.somerville at appliedperception.com
Tue Sep 18 15:13:06 PDT 2007

Hey,

      I just recently retested part of my application, which uses
osg::TextureRectangle and osg::ImageStream to display video, after
having upgraded to 2.0, and Ive run into issues. I got past the update
failure bug after seeing this post:

http://groups.google.com/group/osg-users/browse_thread/thread/edd6d30fa1ef13f/bce9f6b9365d3407?lnk=gst&q=pbo&rnum=1#bce9f6b9365d3407

but I have also noticed really slow framerates/high cpu usage where I
didnt before. It is behaving the way it did before I switched to to
TextureRectangle (and thus PBOs), so Im thinking that perhaps it is not
using PBOs after the upgrade.

When I turn up the notify level to INFO I see a report which indicates
(as glxinfo does) that TextureRectangles and PBOs are supported, so I
cant figure out why it is so slow.

Is there any other way to confirm that TextureRectangle is using PBOs,
or is this perhaps a known issue? Any Ideas ?

OpenGL renderer string: GeForce FX 5500/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL version string:   2.1.0 NVIDIA 96.31

       Thanks,
       Andy