[osg-users] Trackball and view question

Poirier, Guillaume Guillaume.Poirier at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 18 07:19:06 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I am using a SimpleViewer. I set up a post draw callback on its main camera. In it
I read the camera eye, center, and up vectors. Initially, this give me (0, 0, 0),
(0, 0, -1), and (0, 1, 0) respectively. This is what I expect and it gives me a
particular view of my scene.

Now I add a trackball manipulator to the main camera and set up the view similar
to what I had previously. When I read back the data it is quite different. I would have
expected the same camera position / orientation than before since what I see is
similar. Unless the trackball affects the model position / orientation and not just
the view ? How can I use a trackball and read back in the post draw callback the
values I want ?

sincerely,

Bill