[osg-users] Large dynamic high-res terrain overlays?

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Sep 18 00:13:26 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am successfully using 2xoverlaynodes for overlays onto a large terrain
database. The overlays are dynamic (i.e. can change per frame). The
texture coord generation of overlaynode/texgennode are essential, as it
makes the overlay follow the terrain.

The users of the app are creating larger and larger overlays and the
resolution of the overlay texture is becoming a problem.

Is there a technique that someone can advise me on/point me to that can
be used to create either massive overlays or multitudes (>> texture
units) of smaller ones using OSG?

thanks
jp