[osg-users] Sharing statesets across files

Matt Franklin mattfranklin1 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 16 01:24:48 PDT 2007

Is there a way of including a proxy stateset node or referencing a stateset
stored in another file? I am trying to split up a single model into smaller
pagable chunks. However, my original model makes significant use of shared
statesets to maximise reuse of textures. When I break up my model each leaf
node includes its own copy of the shared stateset. The total disk space used
by the resulting fragments is a factor of ten larger than the original file.
This in itself is not a problem but the resulting texture memory usage is
also a factor of ten larger as a result of the lack of reuse.

Thanks in advance,

Matt