[osg-users] osgviewer functionality

Steve Nash steve.nash at sun.com
Mon Sep 10 17:38:21 PDT 2007

I have a question about the functionality of the osgviewer example
functionality with OSG 2.0+.  I see at
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Community/Tasks/osgViewer
that there is plans to support ASCII configuration files.  Does this
include both the camera config file and reading flight path files (-c
and -p respectively with pre OSG 2.0 osgviewers)?

Additionally, it seems the new osgviewer isn't honoring the $DISPLAY env. variable.
It seems to always use :0.0, in spite of what $DISPLAY is set to (I also tried
using OSG_SCREEN, which resulted in use of  :0.$OSG_SCREEN).  I built both 2.0
and 2.1.9 on RHEL4U3, with the same results.

Sorry if this has been hashed out elsewhere, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.

Thanks,
Steve