[osg-users] ANN: osgGIS

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:08:39 PDT 2007

The osgGIS project (http://osggis.org) is now online! This is a library that
aims to facilitate the integration of GIS vector data into OSG apps, and to
be a nice complement to VPB/osgdem.

The project is just in its early stages so don't expect the world just yet
;)

There is no public SVN access yet (there will be) but you can download
snapshots of the VS2005 solution and Win32 binaries and experiment with the
command-line utilities and samples. There's no CMake build system in place
yet either so that means a little extra elbow grease for you non-Windows
users.

There is a Wiki (http://osggis.org/wiki) that will grow with documentation,
FAQs, and examples.

For support and general discussion, there is a discussion board (
http://osggis.org/forums).

I hope you find this useful. We are initially developing osgGIS in support
our software services business, but I hope it can thrive as an open source
project on its own as well.

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791