[osg-users] osg::Image::scaleImage in a windowless app

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 5 19:47:00 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am currently working on a (hopefully) simple app which reads images,
does some tiling, conversions and resizing and then writes out the
resulting image(s). This app does not have (nor should it have) a
window. But it does need to use osg::Image::scaleImage(...) which
requires an OpenGL context because it uses gluScaleImage(...).

Reading the mailing list archives, I found this:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/16290
In this thread, Robert suggests creating a pbuffer and destroying it
afterwards. I would appreciate some pointers on how to do this, as I
have no idea where to start. I'm currently working on Windows, but it
would obviously be nice if I could keep this platform-independent if
possible.

I know the OSG is meant to be a 3D visualization API, but it seemed to
have all I needed to do what I wanted to do, and I know it pretty
well, so why not use it?

Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca