[osg-users] OSG Training - Charlottesville, VA, Nov 2007

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Wed Sep 5 07:46:46 PDT 2007

Hi folks -- There's only one seat left for the OSG training in Alabama at
the end of the month (register at http://www.skew-matrix.com/training.asp).
If you miss out, more training is on the way: This email contains info on
the upcoming Virginia training session, which is two months away.

If you really want to get up to speed and become proficient in OSG, I can't
think of a better way than to attend this comprehensive training session.
It'll be held between November 11 and November 16 at the Four Diamond Boar's
Head Inn in Charlottesville, Virginia. It's an all-inclusive event,
featuring five days of training and 1-on-1 mentoring. Maybe some time for
recreation as well. Find out more at  <http://www.opensourceretreat.com>
http://www.opensourceretreat.com.

What are you going to get? In-depth training includes
 * Two instructors, Bob Kuehne and myself (Paul Martz)
 * Memory management
 * Nodes, various node types, custom nodes and NodeKits
 * Traversals, NodeVisitors, Callbacks
 * Data manipulation tools
 * Drawables, Geometry, and state
 * Using plugins
 * Viewing and camera manipulation
 * Integration with windowing systems
 * Optimization techniques

Plus the signature features of an Open Source Retreat training event:
 * Class size limited to 25 students
 * One-on-one instructor time with me and Bob
 * Meals and lodging included in the course price

There is a $250 discount off the price of the course for signing up 21 days
in advance of the course start. To register, visit the following URL:
<http://opensourceretreat.com/courses/category/openscenegraph/>
http://opensourceretreat.com/courses/category/openscenegraph/

About the Boar's Head Inn

Spa -- The spa offers more than 30 distinct services including therapeutic
massage, LaStone, and more.

Birdwood Golf Course -- Enjoy a round of golf at the Birdwood Golf Course,
which has been recognized by Washington Golf Monthly as one of the
Mid-Atlantic's top 100 courses.

Dining -- Dining at the Inn is a Four-Diamond experience. The Old Mill Room
has received this prestigious award for nineteen consecutive years.

Vineyards -- Tour area wineries and taste some of the finest vintages
produced in the country. Many premier Virginia vineyards are located within
a short drive from Boar's Head Inn.

Marketing hype aside, five days will really give Bob and I a chance to cover
lots of material outside the scope of our two-day course. Plus it give us
time to talk 1-on-1 with each attendee to discuss specific issues. We're
both looking forward to it and hope to see you there.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
303 859 9466