[osg-users] performance osgdem

christophe loustaunau christophe.loustaunau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:16:44 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have generated a database with the data from the bluemarble.

osgdem.exe --bluemarble-west -t land_shallow_topo_west.tif --bluemarble-east
-t land_shallow_topo_east.tif --geocentric -l 10 -o earth.ive

No problem with that.
Then when I display the database in osgviewer, the framerate is very low :
from 10 to 60. fps
The stat show that the cull pass is very long : from 50 to 100 !
You could see it in the screenshot attached.

My computer has a Intel Xeon 2,4 GHz, 1Go ram and a Quadro4 980 xgl.

Do you know why the cull pass is so long ?

Thanks.
Christophe.