[osg-users] Renaming Nodes In Property Sheet

Nick Prudent valerianmusic at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:06:29 PDT 2007

I'm currently designing a property sheet system for selected Nodes so users can change their drawing states and rename them.

My question: Is it adviseable to rename nodes via the osg::Object::setName() function or is this something that should be avoided? I'm just asking to be sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot here by renaming something that is "system-defined" ;)

Thanks,

- Nick -
Apprentice OSG Code Monkey