[osg-users] ode nodekit or the like

Hartmut Seichter lists at technotecture.com
Tue Oct 30 13:36:50 PDT 2007

Hi Mattias,

there are apparently several projects, however very few take care of the
newest developments in ODE. We have some code sitting around in our lab
called (you guessed it) osgODE. It is particular focused on working
together with osgART but also works with plain OSG. I have to pull some
strings here in the lab to check if we can release it into the wild.

However, a word of caution: after implementing the ODE part we were
quite disappointed by the performance of it in terms of dynamic
transformations as they happen in Augmented Reality applications. We did
some proof-of-concept prototypes with other engines which both performed
way better.

/Hartmut

--
Dr. Hartmut Seichter