[osg-users] kd-Tree LineIntersection speedUp

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:45:28 PDT 2007

Hi Jean-Sebastien,

what i do at the moment is, i walk trought the drawables and collect all
triangles, so i don't care about material, ... nor transformations. what i
should do is to transform the triangles before insertion. but i don't like
this way. another possibility is:
for each geometry (hard) we can attache a kd-tree object, and then the
intersection visitor transforms the objects when a transformation node is
used, this is the
way it works with the current intersection visitor (if i am not wrong), so i
like just to replace a small part of code in OSG core, to check a ray (line)
against the kd-tree
and not against the list of triangles in the geometry. so we can speed up
the intersection testing. but what we need is to implement this into osg
core.

/adegli