[osg-users] multiple windows

Emmanuel Roche roche.emmanuel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:49:24 PDT 2007

By the way, guys, I've noticed a small bug in this wxOSG_tab application (at
least in the version I compiled...):

Has someone already noticed that, if you remove the "start page" [you then
create the _auiNotebook the first time it is requested] and for example add
a Menu with an "Open..." command to load osg models, then each time you do
this sequence:

1) Open an osg file,
2) Close the only tab created
3) Try to open an other file

... the application crashes...

I put a zip file of the modified sources on my website: if someone wants to
check this... http://utopianworld.ath.cx/web/osg/wxOSG_tab_modified.zip
Or maybe it's a known issue and that's the very reason why you added the
"Start page" and prevented its detruction ?

I can't say if the problem comes from OSG or wxWidgets: sometimes I have a
crash on osgViewer::View constructor but the debug version doesn't display
anything useful, and sometines I have the bug in other dlls like ntdll for
example... if it comes from wxWidgets, maybe that's the reason why you are
using version 2.9 (I built the application with the version 2.8.4, and in
non-unicode... so if you when to test this you may have to make small
changed in the code I added [every thing is in MainFrame.cpp in fact])

regards,
Manu.