[osg-users] building osg on release version of leopard

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:21:07 PDT 2007

I haven't tried what  you suggested so I could be mistaken. But if
James's problem is what I think it is, your above suggestion will
either not work or could potentially cause other
serious/hard-to-identify problems.

The problem I',m identifying is a binary interface incompatibility
between 10.4 and 10.5. The fix I checked in (which is actually much
shorter than your solution because I just add an $(SDKROOT) variable)
makes sure to look in the correct SDK locations for things. I suspect
your fix is going to try to always link to the native system framework
(10.5 in this case) which will cause a linking failure if you are
building against the 10.4u SDK and is generally the wrong thing to do.

But again, I could be mis-identifying the problem. I do recall a cycle
problem kind of like what James described many months ago in a much
older seed, but that problem was supposedly fixed quite awhile ago and
I haven't encountered it since. (I put together a 10.5 OSG binary
package as a test run against the last seed and I did not encounter
any build problems as described.)

-Eric