[osg-users] multiple windows

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Fri Oct 26 09:04:58 PDT 2007

Nice example, thanks!
I had to make some addition to have it compiling under VS 7.1 (and my wx and osg
libraries). But beside this, I noticed a strange thing:
load spaceship.osg (or fountain.osg) and you notice the motor plumes does not animate. If
you make the model rotate, they start animate again.
It is something related to your OnIdle optimization. If you comment the if line, then
everything animates as usual.
Hope it helps.
Ciao!
	mario

Thibault Genessay wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel
>
> I have made a sample that demonstrate the integration of the OSG in
> wxWidgets. It is a simple frame with a wxAUINotebook containing OSG
> views. You can download source and binaries at
> http://ips-dil.unil.ch/osg
>
> Could you have a look at these and see if this suits your needs ?
>
> I am planning to release it as an "official" sample to OSG+wxWidgets,
> so I'll need to test it on more systems (not tested on Linux as of
> today) and more threading models.
>
> It uses a modified version of the osgCompositeViewer::Viewer that
> skips rendering if makeCurrent() returns false. Currently, the
> composite viewer ignores the return value of makeCurrent(). We'll need
> to address this issue with Robert as it is precisely the problem you
> and him are discussing in the thread "camera switching in composite
> viewer".
>
> Cheers
>
> Thibault
>

> On 10/26/07, Emmanuel Roche <roche.emmanuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, with this version joined, we have two tabs (not added dynamically,
>> sure, but it's a beginning...) with animation rendered correctly...
>>
>> The only issue left is the mouse handling problem:
>> I added a trackballmanipulator on the view1 on each tab, assigned an
>> handling function to the corresponding wxGLCanvas each time, and this
>> function is indeed called when I drag on the view1 BUT nothing moves...
>> :-(...
>>
>> I'm using view->getEventQueue()... could it be somehow "disconnected" ?
>> nothing happens either if I use the corresponding
>> graphicswindow->getEventQueue()... so what's left ??
>>
>> Manu.
>>

>> 2007/10/26, Emmanuel Roche <roche.emmanuel at gmail.com>:
>>> Indeed, we are in a situation where the CompositeViewers don't share the
>> GraphicsWindows and everything happen in the same thread... yet, it's
>> currently not working for me:
>>> as soon as I had a second tab only the last compositeviewer gets updated
>> and drawn, the others are frozen... :-(...
>>> I keep investigating...
>>>
>>> Manu.

>> like/need.

Ing. Mario Valle
Visualization Group                              | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)      | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82