[osg-users] Removing Shader from Program

Mike Weiblen mew at mew.cx
Fri Oct 26 00:18:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

As I recall, shader detachment is not fully implemented in OSG.  GL has
its own reference-counting and garbage-collection of attachments between
glShaders and glPrograms, and putting a robust OSG wrapper around that
revealed several tedious corner cases that seemed a bit too
resource-intensive for the benefit.

cheers
-- mew