[osg-users] Debugging "Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(, )"

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Oct 24 17:40:44 PDT 2007

Hello again,

>> We received this error message whenever our thread tried to update the state
>> of a node while the drawing thread was trying to render it. Adding a mutex
>> solved our issue.
>
> Hmmm, I'm doing this in the update traversal, so I should be ok on
> that front... But maybe I'll test it out in SingleThreaded mode and
> see if I still get that message.

Who knew, this turned out to be the problem. Running SingleThreaded
removed the messages, so I've set my geometry's DataVariance to
DYNAMIC and it all works great. Of course, it's a bit slower since it
serializes the updates to that geometry, but no flashing.

Thanks for putting me on the right track, Joel!

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/