[osg-users] osgviewerWX race condition.

Jose Luis Hidalgo joseluis.hidalgo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 10:45:39 PDT 2007

Hi All,
  Thank you both for trying , I've discovered something unusual...
when I run osgviewerWX with my default locale (LANG=es_ES.UTF-8) I get
the binary cow but no crash. If I set LANG to "C" or unset LANG then
it starts crashing (and sometimes  it works, when it does I can see
the cow properly).

I'm using wxWidgets 2.8, on a Gutsy Gibbon Linux... with the latest
SVN check out of OSG. Maybe the problem has nothing to do with OSG and
is only a WX problem... by the way the error I get is:

Error: OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.
Fallo de segmentación (core dumped)

And... with valgrind it works, as with GDB probably because of the
delay gives time enough to create the context... but I can't see
through the tiny errors from valgrind+OpenGL+X

Cheers,
   J.L.

PS: Attached is the binary cow... I remember see this before, but no
how to solve it.