[osg-users] Texture subloading

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 07:24:13 PDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Sewell, Kenneth R Civ USAF AFRL/RYZW
<Kenneth.Sewell at wpafb.af.mil> wrote:
> I thought OSG provided a call to glTexSubImage2D, similar to how it
> handles glTexSubImage3D.  I've since figured out that I just have to use
> the regular OpenGL calls in the load and subload routines.  So the
> subloading is working great now.

3D textures are an extension to earlier versions of OpenGL that OSG
still supports hence the extra Extension structure for calling methods
like glTexSubImage3D.

Life under 2D texturing is much simpler as all OpenGL versions support
it, so no need for the added complexity of the Extension structure.