[osg-users] frame rate management

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:49:34 PDT 2007

Hi Santosh,

These isn't a frame management issue, its entirely a database
optimization issue.
If you model does have LOD's then you can use the LODScale to select
low res LOD children than would otherwise be chosen, but this isn't
quite the what you are looking for by the sound of it - rather you
want database tools.

The OSG does have the osgUtil::Simplifier that can be used to simply
geometry, but it doesn't do any high level merging of geometries or
automatic generation of LODs.

Robert,