[osg-users] Performance Problems

David Spilling david.spilling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:58:55 PDT 2007

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have in the past found that calls along
the lines of :

geometry->addPrimitiveSet(new
osg::DrawArrays(osg::PrimitiveSet::QUADS,0,vertices->size()));

can take ages. In particular, I think the DrawArrays call can take a while.
On an app of mine, I was doing the above once per frame, and was getting
very low frame rates. In the end I just set up a large enough vertex list
with a bunch of them not really drawing anything (e.g. through repetition,
or through lots of zero vertices).

Note that this is from memory, and I wasn't so hot with OSG at the time, so
don't all shoot me at once, but it might be somewhere to look.

David