[osg-users] Performance Problems

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 04:02:31 PDT 2007

HI Shawn,

The OSG can handles scenes with thousands of objects, and millions of
polygons on modern machines at a solid 60Hz, the numbers of objects
you are talking about suggest there is something wrong with how you
are setting up your app.  Could it be that you are doing a single quad
per geometry? This isn't an efficient way to do rendering.  Could it
be that you are compiling with a debug build and then doing
benchmarking?

Robert.