[osg-users] Performance Problems

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Sat Oct 20 11:52:37 PDT 2007

30fps sounds like you have vsync enabled. If you ever hope to get more FPS
than the monitor refresh rate, you'll have to disable that.

Are you using OSG's built-in class for FPS display? If so, turn on the stats
graph and see where it's spending its time: update, cull, or draw.

If you dump a static frame of your scene out to an .osg file and display it
in osgviewer, what kind of framerate do you get?

What kind of framerate do you get for "osgviewer cow.osg" on the same
machine?
   -Paul

  _____