[osg-users] Outputting Movies in OpenSceneGraph

Vican, Justin E. jvican at draper.com
Fri Oct 19 08:19:53 PDT 2007

Hi Garret, Hi David,

I ran into the same issue a few months ago.  The solution I ended up
with was frame grabbing during each cycle.  Afterwards, I strung the
frames back together into MOV/AVI/MPG movies with FFMPEG.  It works, but
it will probably drop your frame rate significantly.  I was able to slow
down the data stream feeding my OSG application to ensure that I grabbed
enough frames to generate a decent quality video.

I believe that FFMPEG is open source, so a movie maker plugin could be
built on top of it.  Just a thought.

Justin