[osg-users] LOD levels in Terrain generation.

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 06:27:51 PDT 2007

On 10/18/07, om <omkaranathan at darshan3d.com> wrote:

>  Hi Christoph,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> As you suggested, it is understandable that data generation stops at the
> original resolution. Is there any option which helps in creating the
> required data by interpolation, in case we require a higher image
> resolution?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I don't know any option to do that directly. In our project we do it at run
time by generating procedurally new levels when needed (for procedural
purpose or to match the number of texture's levels). It's done thanks to a
custom reader/writer which takes the control when no more levels are
available.

--
Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com