[osg-users] under devcpp , can't find dll to run program

王韬 wontor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:53:49 PDT 2007

hi,

firstly thanks.

1.
i have copy freetype6.dll to the same folder where osgtext exists.
but when i execute osgtext ,it pops a error:
can't find the entry point _FT_Done_Face in freetype6.dll

2.
I download plugin's dll (freetype6.dll,jpeg62.dll...),
and use command
    pexports freetype6.dll | sed "s/^_//" > freetype6.def
    dlltool -U -d freetype6.def -l libfreetype.a
to change them to .a , and compiles OSG OK.

if use jpeg62.dll directly,there will be a error while linking:

Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/osgPlugins-2.0.0/libosgdb_jpeg.dll
C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -ljpeg
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/osgPlugins-2.0.0/libosgdb_jpeg.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/osgPlugins/jpeg/CMakeFiles/osgdb_jpeg.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

there must be something i misunderstood.thanks again.

王韬,wontor at gmail.com
2007-10-18