[osg-users] (solved)Re: RTT and stereo (revisited)...

Mike Logan mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 17 09:43:24 PDT 2007

Nice.....   thank you.

That was EXACTLY it.    Setting the camera's to have colormasks
   all "true"  did the trick.

I would never have found it...

ml

On Oct 17, 2007, at 1:21 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> With 2.x could you try:
>
>   osgprerender cow.osg --stereo HORZONTAL_SPLIT
>
> And then:
>
>   osgprerender cow.osg --window --stereo
>

> The two tests suggest to me that the basic mechanics are working in
> 2.x just fine, but the anaglyphic stereo set up is being affected by
> the ColorMask state being inherited down to the RTT camera.  Setting a
> local ColorMask to enable all colours on the RTT Camera might be a be
> way of protecting it from being affected by the inherited ColorMask
> settings used to the do the anaglyphic stereo.
>
> Robert.
>
> On 10/16/07, Mike Logan <mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>

>> I don't disagree with any of that, but I don't think it fixes
>>  anything I want to do (besides I did all that already).
>>
>> Maybe its constructive to ask the simple question:
>>
>> Why  doesn't   the following command work?
>>       osgprerender --stereo cessna.osg
>>
>> In 1.2,  the left  eye (red cessna) is stuck and doesn't
>>  update, the right eye(blue) spins around.
>>
>> In 2.x, the left eye (red cessna) doesn't even show up.
>>
>> The waving flag is certainly in stereo and working fine.
>>  But the cessna  isn't stereo-ized in either version.
>>
>> And my claim is that adding a second CameraNode(1.2)
>>  or Camera(2.x)  with masking, or whatever, won't help.
>>
>> I won't harass you anymore since I'm not a "paying"
>>  customer  8-)       Just wanted to explain my thinking.
>>
>> ml
>>
>> On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I haven't followed this thread closely, so not clear on what the
>> exact
>> problem is, what you've tried and where you are at.  Will provide
>> some
>> general comments to see if they help clarify things on how the OSG
>> does things.
>>
>> If you are doing stereo you may or may not one RTT camera and
>> associated texture for each eye.  If you wish to have two textures
>> one
>> for each eye then you'll need to have two osg::Camera one for each
>> eye
>> and use the NodeMask on each of these cameras to select which camera
>> you want to use for each eye.
>>
>> Robert.
>>
>> On 10/16/07, Mike Logan <mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>

>> If anyone cares,
>>
>> I had to drop back to OSG1.2 to make some progress.
>>
>> I now have 2 CameraNodes, 2 textures, 2 polys being
>> textured and everything works on the first frame only.
>> Nice stereo picture on a stereo canvas..   instead
>>  of a flat picture on a stereo canvas..
>>
>> But I can only get ONE of the cameranodes to update its
>>  texture after the first frame.
>>
>> The matrix of the both cameranodes is definitely changing.
>> But only one texture in the final display updates (right eye).
>>
>> When someone, generally, has >1 RTT cameranodes rendering
> [...]

Michael Logan
Perot Systems Govt. Services / NASA Ames Res. Ctr.
MS 269-1, Moffett Field, CA, 94035  (650)-604-4494
Task Lead                       - Visual Cueing & Simulation
Task Lead                       - Human Manual & Operational Control
Performance
Visualization Engineer - Adaptive Control Technologies

"If you want to start a revolution, don't pick up a gun.
  Do it with science and technology."  - Stanford R. Ovshinsky